Monday 25 June 2018

Day 3: Ravens, Raccoons, and Rain

5:38 am The Raven alarm clock rings. 

Our first full day at Hotel Lake. The boys sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's cabin to soak up the wifi and World Cup soccer. They missed the raccoon fight in the middle of the night. I woke to hissing and the sounds of raccoons scampering up and down the trailer stairs. Later, the ravens woke me; however, this was a great opportunity for photos so I did not mind. 





Morning mist. 




Jenny's Dock 











My bedroom window is perfectly situated. 






Berky! Rather impractical in the trailer but the water tastes great. Since we are in place for two weeks he got to come along. 









Five Loons and one underwater. No babies seen yet. 






Time to get to work. Summer school waits for no one. 










The boys help Grandpa take clippings to the dump. 


This is not my photo; however, we did spot a Common Merganser Mama in the ocean in front of Mom and Dad's place last night. She was valiantly swimming in the bay with 4-5 fluffy babies on her back seeking evening shelter. 


Dad crafts a new cleat out of Purpleheart for the Lady Jayne. 





Fake KFC: Paprika, sage and lots of butter. 









Dragonfly nymph. I kept forgetting to go back to check its progress. I will have to find another one tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment