Monday 1 July 2019

Day 5: Happy Canada Day

Bentley was not amused at this indignity. 











Breakfast oats with yogurt and Maple Syrup




Wrangling three teens in IGA. Despite a trailer full of food we managed to do damage here. 





Beef Ramen for lunch. 





A bone for Bentley. 




Seth and Taryn. 




Calvin takes out the Laser. 




I grabbed my self-inflating lifejacket in a hurry because Calvin was holding the boat in the swim area waiting for me to take over after his turn. I knew this might be a bad plan. I had no intention of dumping the laser. . . . thankfully it happened out of sight.  On the edge of the lake after a gybe-turned-bad I enthusiastically moved to the other side of the boat whilst jamming the tiller in the wrong direction and sploosh I was swimming.  I tried to keep the 'pill' above water but poof the velcro was tearing and I was inflating. Well, this product certainly does its job. I was kept very bouyant which aided my re-entry into the Laser after I righted it. The only problem was my chin was now rather tightly supported. Bending under the boom was now an issue. On my next tack, I knocked by baseball cap into the water which necessitated two more tacks. . ..  sigh. 




Never too old for the Tippy Dock. 





Rosie, the camp pug, is a perky 15 years old. 



Dinner: burgers and veggies. 




Bentley made the rounds but got no joy. 








An after dinner kayak around the lake on still waters. 











No comments:

Post a Comment