Friday 21 July 2017

Shuswap Provincial Park - My Summer School Office

The boys are travelling with their Dad for two weeks so why stay home when there are beautiful parks just down the road?

Teaching online summer school is a busy time; however, as long as there is cell signal - I am in business.

This week I spent 4 nights at Shuswap Provincial Park on one of the arms of Shuswap Lake just north of Salmon Arm, BC. This part is about 2 1/2 hours from home.

There are around 200 sites nestled into the mature forest. The paved roads throughout make it a pleasure to bike and walk through.

Camping alone, I was a bit of an oddity. Added to the fact that I was tied to my computer for the majority of each day made for some interesting looks as people walked by to access the water tap and garbage/recycle bins on our lane. You could just see their minds thinking. . .what IS going on in that site?!

I really felt like a 'glamper' this time.  That would be glamorous camping. . . . . 





Smoke from the many raging wild fires choked the Shuswap Valley for a few days.









I was able to make a little bit of time to do a Studio Sweat workout.




Time to cool off in the lake.



When the smoke cleared things were beautiful once again.










Mango cancels hotdog - it's the new math!




Lots of lanes to go up and down. 

1 comment: